Charli Cohen’s cauliflower crust pizza is just 1 of 11 tasty recipes shortlisted for the Supplement Centre protein recipe competition.
Vote for your favourite recipes using the social buttons on the left.
What I like about this – The pizza base is the real star of this delicious meal. Cauliflower pizza crust is low in carbohydrates but high in protein – it makes a great alternative to a traditional greasy takeaway.
Preparation time – 15-20 minutes
Cooking time – 12-15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 2)
– 2 tsp garbanzo flour
– 1 cup cauliflower
– 1 egg
– 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (grated)
– ½ tsp parsley
– ½ tsp oregano
– 100g tomato passata
– 1 clove garlic (crushed)
– ½ tbsp light olive oil
– ½ tsp dried oregano
– Pinch of salt
– Twist of black pepper
– 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 230oC (gas mark 8). Grease a large, flat baking tray and put to one side.
2. Grate cauliflower in a food processor until it is the size of rice grains. Use a hand held grater if you do not have a food processor.
3. Steam the cauliflower (or microwave, in a covered dish without adding any water) until tender. Allow to cool.
4. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the chopped garlic. Cook with the lid on for around 1 minute. Do not allow the garlic to brown.
5. Add the passata, oregano and seasonings to the saucepan and simmer on a low heat for 6-7 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
6. Meanwhile, combine the cooled cauliflower, flour, mozzarella and egg in a large mixing bowl to form a dough.
7. Lightly knead the dough and roll into a round shape.
8. Sprinkle the herbs onto the pizza base.
9. Spread the cooled tomato sauce on the pizza base. Crumble the mozzarella evenly over the pizza (if you wish).
10. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
Try different pizza toppings to vary what you eat. For added protein, ditch the mozzarella and add some chunks of cooked chicken breast.
For a lower-calorie option, halve the amount of mozzarella in the base, et voila! One delicious and nutritious low-carb pizza.
If you like this pizza recipe please vote by clicking the social buttons on the left hand side of this page.