It’s chocolate week, the UK’s biggest chocolate celebration, culminating in the nation’s biggest chocolate orgy: the Chocolate Show at Olympia in London from October 17th to 19th.
That’s why we thought we’d tempt you with some of the most jaw dropping, eye-wateringly deliciously tempting chocolate treats we could devise.
But before you start shopping for a bigger jeans size, don’t worry, taken in moderation you’ll be fine. After all, we all deserve a treat sometimes. And because all our creations involve a healthy heap of chocolate flavoured protein, you’ll still be fuelling your muscles!
1. Black forest cheesecake
Here’s a delicious twist on an old favourite! All the lovely texture of cheesecake combined with tangy black cherries. Mmmm.
• 1 x 180g tub Philadelphia reduced fat cream cheese
• 150g Low fat greek yoghurt
• 1 scoop chocolate flavour matrix whey protein
• 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/2 can black cherries in juice
• Dark chocolate shavings to decorated
• 1 cup oats
• 1 oz butter sugar to taste
1. Line the tin with greaseproof paper and grease well.
2. Melt butter the butter in a pan and mix in the oats and honey. Press into the bottom of a tin that has a detachable base.
3. Put the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and mix to a smooth batter.
4. Pour into the tin and cook at 180 C in a preheated oven until set (the mix should wobble slightly when you shake the tin).
5. Decorate the top with cherries and a shaving of dark chocolate.
6. Leave to cool, refrigerate.
2. Classic chocolate cake
A sumptuous recipe, oozing with chocolate – it’s not a shocker, but an extra cardio session will make you feel better about gobbling it up!
• 6oz butter or margarine
• 6oz sugar
• 3 eggs
• 4 oz flour
• 1 x 2 oz scoop chocolate flavour whey protein
• 1 tspn baking powder
• 1 tbsp cocoa powder
• 1 small tub of low fat cream cheese
• 2 tbsps cocoa powder
• 1 tbsp icing sugar (or sweetener to taste)
• 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
• Dark chocolate shavings
1. Grease two baking tins.
2. Cream the fat and the sugar together.
3. Beat in the eggs adding a little at a time.
4. Stir in the flour, protein powder, baking powder and cocoa powder.
5. Pour the mixture into the two tins.
6. Bake for 20 mins at 180C.
1. Mix the cream cheese, vanilla essence, cocoa and sugar /sweetener. Use a palette knife or spatula to spread the mixture between the halves, or over the top – or both!
2. Top with dark chocolate shavings.
Indulgence is the watchword in chocolate week. So if you’re on a cutting phase, stop reading right here! For the rest of us though, here’s how to make gorgeous, protein rich brownies. Beware – you’ll want more than one!
• 4 oz butter or margarine
• 4 oz soft brown sugar / or substitute
• 4 oz dark chocolate
• 2oz flour
• 1 scoop or 2 oz chocolate flavoured whey protein powder
1. Grease a baking tin
2. Melt your chocolate by putting it in a bowl and placing the bowl in a saucepan of boiling water.
3. Cream the eggs and sugar, and mix in the melted chocolate. beat in the eggs.
4. Stir in 2 oz of flour and one scoop or 2 oz of chocolate flavoured protein powder.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 20 minutes until cooked. Enjoy.
4. Chocolate chilli flapjack
An old favourite transformed into a chocoholic’s delight. Our Chocolate flapjacks are packed with protein, opulent chocolate flavour, and that all important chilli sizzle. Mmmm.
• 8oz oats
• 4oz butter / margarine
• 2oz sugar or honey
• chilli powder to taste
• 2 tsp cocoa powder
• 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1. Melt the butter, mix in the other ingredients. Flatten into a greased pan and cook for 20 mins at 180C.
2. Slice when warm and leave in the tin to cool.
5. Choco fluff delight
A super easy recipe with a super tasty result!
• 1 scoop chocolate flavour Matrix whey protein
• 250ml cup chilled whole milk
• 1 egg white
• xanthan gum
1. Take your electric whisk and simply whip the ingredients into the finest, coolest, most moreishly tasty fluff you’ve ever seen.
Not enough of a chocolate fix? Head over to the National Chocolate Week website for another tasty hit.