Danielle Sasaki-Duncan’s spicy tofu stir-fry is just 1 of 11 tasty recipes shortlisted for the Supplement Centre protein recipe competition.
Vote for your favourite recipes using the social buttons on the left. Bon Appetit.
Why I like this – This stir fry is a great example of how to get your protein on a meat free diet.
Preparation time – 10-15 minutes
Cooking time – 15-20 minutes
– 3 tbsp vegetable oil
– 1 packet firm tofu
– 2 medium carrots, peeled
– 1 courgette
– 1 red pepper
– ½ medium-sized head of broccoli
– 1 medium red onion
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 1 tbsp grated ginger
– 1 red chilli
– 3-4 tbsp smooth peanut butter
– 3-4 tbsp soy sauce
1. Cut the tofu into strips.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of the vegetable oil in a frying pan, then shallow fry the tofu for about 5 minutes on each side.
3. Remove tofu from heat onto a plate with kitchen roll to absorb the excess oil. Set aside.
4. Chop all vegetables. Crush the garlic, grate the ginger. Dice the red chilli into small pieces or strips. Cut your fried tofu into bite-size pieces.
5. Heat your wok to a medium-high temperature. Add the vegetables, garlic and ginger, and stir fry for another five minutes. Add the red chillies.
6. Add the peanut butter and soy sauce to the wok and stir through. Cook for a further 30 seconds until the sauce is bubbling.
This dish is excellent served with brown rice or quinoa.
For a meaty version, swap the tofu for 2 chicken breasts or try adding some different vegetables – pak choi is delicious.
If you prefer your stir-fry hot, add the chilli right at the end. For a milder flavour, cook the chilli with the other vegetables.
If you like this recipe, please vote using the social buttons on the left hand side of this page.